Principal - Health Outcomes in Housing Initiative
Location: Washington, DC
SAHF is a network of eleven entrepreneurial not‐for‐profit members who are committed to long‐term, sustainable ownership and continued affordability of multifamily rental properties for low‐income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities. Together, SAHF members provide homes to almost 100,000 American households across the country.
The Outcomes Initiative is a signature SAHF project to connect affordable rental housing and services with the needs and aspirations of residents in several areas: (i) health & wellness, (ii) child development, (iii) income and asset growth, (iv) housing stability, and (v) community engagement. With support from the Kresge Foundation, SAHF is developing common outcomes measures that show the impact and cost implications of the affordable housing with services its members provide. What we learn in tracking outcomes will enable us to improve these services and position the members and the affordable housing field to take advantage of an “historical moment” in the evolution of the health care finance and delivery system and to partner more effectively with schools, employers, and others.
In an era of increasing focus on evidence-based programs and pay-for-success, our goal is to use our outcomes measures to develop a data-based narrative asserting that affordable housing with services helps low-income residents improve their lives.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An understanding of today’s health care system and the system emerging from the Affordable Care Act, as evidenced by a minimum of 3‐5 years experience in health policy or in delivery or management of health care and an advanced degree in health sciences or a related field;
- Knowledge of affordable rental housing and related finance, as evidenced by policy work, research, or practice in that field is preferred;
- Experience with data collection, data merging, metrics and analysis;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience, including capabilities suited to detailed management of multiple partners, convenings, and grant reporting requirements;
- Ability to take initiative, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and see projects through to completion;
- Ability to develop relationships, be a team player, and act as a key representative for SAHF and this initiative;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Manage and support the day‐to‐day operations and broader vision for the development of SAHF’s outcomes measures initiative as well as the specific health aspects;
- Build relationships with SAHF members, consultants, and external partners to advance the goals of this initiative;
- Coordinate content and logistics of multiple convenings;
- Represent SAHF at conferences and in meetings with partners, members, and government officials. Speak at relevant forums as well as write articles for trade journals and publications;
- Prepare grant applications and reports.
- Work with SAHF’s leadership and members to formulate, advocate for, and implement practice-based improvements in affordable housing and health care policy at the national level, as they relate to using housing as a platform to improve life outcomes for low-income households;
Position reports to the President.
- SAHF is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is considered an asset.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com.
- Salary range is $80,000-$100,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- The position will be filled as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to speak personally with everyone who contacts us. We will contact candidates that we believe best meet our needs.